RE: Restatement of my proposal from last night's plenary

2002-11-22 09:08:51
Brian,

Unfortunately I couldn't make the meeting this time, because of the change
of date to November, so I don't have the full background to the discussion.

On the subject of "mechanistic rules", however, I do feel happier that the
pilot of my plane mechanically ( methodically ) checks through a list before
taking off.  You're right that methodology can't ensure quality - but it can
help ensure that somebody is checking the quality.

        Regards,

        Graham Travers

        International Standards Manager
        BTexact Technologies

        e-mail:   graham(_dot_)travers(_at_)bt(_dot_)com
        tel:      +44(0) 1359 235086
        mobile:   +44(0) 7808 502536
        fax:      +44(0) 1359 235087

        HWB279, PO Box 200,London, N18 1ZF, UK

        BTexact Technologies is a trademark of British Telecommunications
plc
        Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
        Registered in England no. 1800000

        This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information
is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please
notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above)
immediately.