apology (re namedroppers mismanagement)

2002-11-29 07:21:44
Folks, I owe Randy Bush an apology.

I saw Dan's complaint about Randy telling him to post from a subscriber
address, and assumed that Randy was still routinely bouncing messages
from non-subscribers with a cryptic message.  Yes, he used to do that.
But in more recent times, I've seen several occasions where Randy
forwarded messages from non-subscribers to lists, and I have every
reason to believe that he's changed his policy to one that I would
consider acceptable.

I honestly don't know why I didn't remember this earlier, and I really
cannot offer any excuse for my rants about Randy's current handling
of non-subscriber email.  I now consider them baseless, and ask you
to ignore them.   And I sincerely regret sending them.

Keith