Re: namedroppers, continued

2002-11-30 06:33:21
On 29 Nov 2002, D. J. Bernstein wrote:
Keith claims that allowing ``contributions from outsiders'' requires
delay and manual review. That claim is absurd. Immediately bounce the
message to the ``outsider,'' with instructions explaining how to have
the message sent to subscribers; end of problem.

No, it's not 'end of problem'.

If I cross-post a reply to some message with was cross-posted to a list
I'm subscribed at and a list I'm not, in the general case I do *not* want
to subscribe to the other list to be able to send my cross-post reply to
both.

Waiting for moderator approval is just fine for me, much better than
requiring to subscribe or do something else.

It's not black and white.