RE: namedroppers, continued

2002-12-09 09:33:55
Every domain would have to have a public key that the public could find.
Then every mailserver would have to check every message.

And spammers could still send spam, because they are authorized to send
email from some ISP, using that ISP's domain, and that ISP mailserver will
sign their email.

Spam isn't a security problem that can be solved technically.

Spam is the exact same problem as when Randy Bush harrasses someone by
abusing his privileges as administrator. There isn't a technical solution,
other than removing the privileges. Then the new administrator could abuse
the privileges, if they were so inclined.  There isn't a technical way to
give someone privileges that they can't abuse, if so inclined.

                --Dean