Re: RFC authoring tools

2003-01-04 12:14:36
Hi!

Florian> Are there any tools which can produce documents in standard
Florian> RFC format from high-level markup? [...]

See RFC 2629 (Writing I-Ds and RFCs using XML) by Marshall T. Rose.

This document describes a DTD and its application for authoring
RFC-like documents. It also contains references to his open source
tool "xml2rfc" that allows to compile such XML documents to IETF
conformant text files and to HTML pages.

I used it for some documents and I really like it a lot.

 -frank