Re: CORRECTION: Last Call: CR-LDP Extensions for ASON to Informational

2003-01-08 11:17:27
trying to understand what you are saying - it seems like you are
implying that there is no consensus with in ITU on how to progress
this, and that therefore would be premature for IETF to publish
this as an informational RFC. Correct?

I'm not quite saying that.
I am saying that it sounds to me from the discussion that the ITU has not yet
reached consent. It seemed to me that if the draft is intended to document the
ITU preferences as informational, it would be as well to wait until the ITU has
fully signed off. I don't see any rush for this.

Anyhow - I think it would be appropriate to add a note clarifying that
IETF will not progress cr-ldp beyond Proposed Standard.

Adrian