Re: CORRECTION: Last Call: CR-LDP Extensions for ASON to Informational

2003-01-10 09:11:11
Jerry,
Thanks to Kam for showing us the linkage, it's rather complicated...  Maybe
that's why we've seen no discussion in CCAMP on these ASON Signaling
Recommendations [G.7713.2 (GMPLS RSVP-TE) and G.7713.3 (GMPLS CR-LDP)].
Hopefully folks will look at them and provide comments.

I don't understand what more can possibly have been done to make
ccamp participants aware of the ITU-T work. Here is what has occurred to
advertise it:
- The IETF/ITU-T collaboration agreement has been revised by Gary Fishman
  and Scott Bradner to ease communication (see RFC 3356) to ease communication.
- I have put together the publicly accessible FTP area to share documents
  outside of the ITU-T.
- Scott Bradner has arranged for there to be the liaison area on the IESG
  web site where incoming liaisons are posted.
- ITU-T Study Group 15 has sent numerous liaisons to IETF ccamp, on the
  occasion of every Study Group 15 meeting, and every Q.12/15 or Q.14/15
  Rapportuer group meeting.
- At the Salt Lake City, Minneapolis, Yokohama, and Atlanta IETF meetings,
  either Wesam Alanquar or I have given presentations in ccamp about what
  we were doing in ITU-T and where the information can be found. The
  location of documents has been emailed to the ccamp list at least at
  the time of every IETF meeting when the presentations were given and
  when the liaisons were sent.
- Maarten Vissers gave technical presentation at the sub-IP area meeting
  in Salt Lake City about the ASON work in ITU-T.

Emails like Kam's are REMINDERs about information that has been widely
advertised
for a long time. By no means are they the first time you should be hearing about
it. With the amount of information that has been sent from the ITU-T side, it
seems like only those who are intentionally trying to ignore the ITU-T work
would
not have seen these documents much earlier.

I am anxious to hear if you have any ideas about how we could better advertise
this work within ccamp. It feels like we are beating people over the heads with
it, but somehow the message isn't getting through to everybody.
Regards,
Steve