Re: Last Call: CR-LDP Extensions for ASON to Informational

2003-01-15 10:07:32
  *>
  *> >   *> If code points are to be allocated from the space to be allocated by
  *> >   *> IETF Consensus, I strongly suggest that a *Standards Track*
document be
  *> >   *> written, with more detail on the messages, especially their
processing.
  *> >
  *> > Indeed, that is what "IETF consensus" means, isn't it?
  *>

Kireeti,

Following Randy Bush's suggestion, I did a "quick reread of RFC 2434",
and I realized that my comment above was incorrect. I had interpreted
"standards track" as meaning "by IETF process", but RFC 2434 does
distinguish standards track from IETF-approved Informational.  But then
I don't grok why it is particularly desirable to make the documentation
standards track, since in either case formal IETF action is involved.

Bob Braden

  *> Is it?  That's good.  Currently, the document is Informational, and
  *> is being processed as such.  Can this be changed?
  *>
  *> Kireeti.
  *>