Re: "IETF consensus" in IANA considerations [was Re: Last Call: CR-LDP Extensions for ASON to Informational ]

2003-01-30 08:58:06
and they meant the current 2434 definition

or they misread 2434 (or did not read 2434) and thought they knew
what "IETF consensus" means

which means that it's not simply a matter of revising text, but
of asking again what was intended, and perhaps reopening the debate.

so perhaps we should assume that they meant what was written in 2434
unless we have a good reason to believe otherwise.