Re: movies vs chat logs

2003-02-14 13:26:45
On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:56:12 GMT, Lloyd Wood said:

You fail to grasp the fundamentally non-participatory role of the
non-participant.

And the non-participants are there why, exactly? (Note that I'm basically
clueless on this one - there's been a few IETFs that have actually been
plausible for me to attend, but I passed because there weren't any drafts/etc
up for discussion that I felt needed debating...)

I wonder if the number of "tourists" would go down if it became tradition
that if you were sitting there and not actively participating, you could
summarily be drafted to take notes.