Re: IAB policy on anti-spam mechanisms?

2003-02-28 09:11:36
ietf1(_at_)ka9q(_dot_)net wrote:

Just about every ISP (except for those run as fronts by the  spammers
themselves) has an acceptable use policy that prohibits spamming

Many of the ones that are, or at least seem to be, run by the spammers, also have such AUPs. They just enforce them even less than ScrewYouNet used to do!

(In all fairness, though, I must rise to the defense of UUNet's Security department. Their abuse-address-of-the-month certainly was lax at nailing spammers. However, if a spam was fresh enough out of UUNet's own gates that the spammer may well still be on line, I called the Security department. They were usually quite happy to look at what was going across the line, and yank it if the client was spamming. Or at least they SAID that's what they were doing....)

--
David J. Aronson, Software Engineer for hire in Washington DC area.
See http://destined.to/program/ for online resume, references, etc.