RE: beauty of freedom

2003-03-11 12:00:22
I remember when telephony vendors sold

o calling line ID (CLID) as a feature, and then
o call blocking based on CLID as a feature, and then
o CLID delivery supression as a feature, and then
o call blocking for anonymous calls as a feature, and then ...

It's great to have guarenteed lifetime employment for
software developers, but are we sure spam plus spam
supression is making the world a better place?

Spencer, half :-}

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Cunningham [mailto:billc44(_at_)citynet(_dot_)net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 6:32 AM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: beauty of freedom

Just something to throw out....

I was browsing an ftp site a few days ago and came across
some interesting
downloads that got me thinking.

On the same site (and the same page) I saw a piece of
software to abtain
email addresses to send of spam :O , and on the same page, a
filter to block
spam. With all this talk of stopping spam, isn't some good
spam blocking
good enough?

This message was passed through
ietf_censored(_at_)carmen(_dot_)ipv6(_dot_)cselt(_dot_)it, which is a sublist
of
ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_) Not all messages are passed. Decisions on
what
to pass are made solely by Raffaele D'Albenzio.