Re: [Asrg] SHEESH!

2003-03-11 12:00:22
Vernon Schryver wrote:
I guess I shouldn't have used the V-word when talking about spam on
the IRTF's mailing list about spam.

sheesh!--talk about utterly lame and misguided spam filters.

But in the case of the V word, it works. The only concern I'd have is whether the rejection message implies that it's far more unnecessarily draconian on other words/phrases.

8+ months of blocking on it, 10's of thousands of rejects, approximately 4 false positives. 5 if Vern had gotten it thru the mailing list. Better than a .01% FP rate. Not bad.

IETF mailing lists are particularly prone to high volumes of spam. I for one am particularly glad that they're moving to filters. Takes a _huge_ load of end-user complaints off _my_ head, as well as those of my colleagues running IETF mailing lists of their own.

Speaking of which, I should whitelist asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_)