Re: A charter for the IESG

2003-03-11 12:14:28
Hello to all,

Personally. I think the iesg (and ietf)  is a process that seems to be
working OK, insofar as
it accepts input from any user who cares to subscribe to the relevant groups
such as me ...
I gladly accept 20 - 40 e-mails daily for the opportunity to throw in my
comments when they seem relevant,
and otherwise to observe when people who know more about the topic debate,
and try to learn from same.

If anyone cares about my opinion, this arena of opinions is one of the
closest approximations to a true democracy
i have ever seen, of which i totally approve, wish to see continue, and will
gladly support.

As responsive to the original post, I support full discussion on the ietf
list, and look forward to the debate.

I must admit that this is not only in response to this post, but also in
 more or less ) response to other recent posts  re
the whole mission of ietf  /  iesg ... any limitation of this global user
input seems unacceptable ... one only need look at ICANN to
see my whole point ...

Oh well, I have said all I have at this point, let the flame wars begin,

Phil