Re: IAB policy on anti-spam mechanisms?

2003-03-11 15:11:13
John Kristoff wrote:

Perhaps the notion of a well known port is a concept whose time has
passed.  At least for connection oriented protocols, doing away with
well known ports might have some good properties for some basic
authentication/cookie mechanism as well.
Well, there's SRV records; but that basically pushes the problem up a layer. If services are identified by well-known service names in the SRV record, then people will start filtering at the DNS level.

|John Stracke      |jstracke(_at_)centive(_dot_)com                          |
|Principal Engineer|http://www.centive.com                        |
|Centive           |My opinions are my own.                       |
|If God had meant us to be in the Army, we would've been born with|
|green, baggy skin.                                               |