RE: How to get more reviewers for documents

2003-03-20 14:11:54
Well, as with any type of incentives system, how you design the meters is
critical. You might actually take away points for writing I-Ds, as Harald was
suggesting in another thread, or only assign points for docuemtn reviews.

But even if this scoring system isn't such a good idea, at least I got some
points for posting it ;)

Cheers,
Aki

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Vach Kompella [mailto:vkompella(_at_)timetra(_dot_)com]
Sent: 20 March, 2003 22:04
To: Niemi Aki (NMP/Helsinki); ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: How to get more reviewers for documents

Sorry, but I hate this idea.  The whole notion of points is
bad.  I was not at
the Plenary so I don't know what exactly went on, but this
smells of the "how
many papers did you write?" numbers game that assistant
professors have to play.
The IETF is political enough as it is, with endless debates
on every topic,
without having to encourage that with points for postings,
points for IDs,
points for attendance, ...  This encourages competition of
the worst kind.

-Vach