RE: site local addresses (was Re: Fw: Welcome to the InterNAT...)

2003-03-27 18:26:42
Margaret Wasserman wrote:
There have been people calling for the complete removal of
site-local addressing all along.

And, elimination/deprecation was quite clearly raised as an
option in Atlanta.  At that time, we called for opinions on
the following
and each of the four options had some support in that WG meeting.

And in Atlanta we all agreed to take elimination off the list, and it
has not been discussed since. The agenda for SF was:
Site-Local Addressing
  Impact of site-local addressing -- Margaret Wasserman (20 min)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wasserman-ipv6-sl-impact-02.tx

  "Limited Usage" Summary -- Margaret Wasserman (5 min)
  [See appendix of draft-wasserman-ipv6-sl-impact-02, above.]

  "Moderate Usage" Proposal -- Bob Hinden (15 min)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hinden-ipv6-sl-moderate-01.txt

Nowhere in that or the mail preceding the meeting is elimination
mentioned.

Tony