RE: site local addresses (was Re: Fw: Welcome to the InterNAT...)

2003-03-27 16:51:32
Margaret Wasserman wrote:
No active IPv6 WG participant (whether or not he attends IETF
meetings) could credibly claim that he was unaware that this
discussion was taking place,

The discussion has been about potential usage limitation, or BCP's
identifying application issues. The point of deprecation came out of
nowhere, and only occurred in the room in SF. This has not had valid
discussion.

Tony

 or that he has been denied an
opportunity to voice his opinion on this subject (in-person,
on the mailing list, or both).  In fact, given the size and
scope of this discussion, there are probably very few IETF
participants who managed to miss the fact that this
discussion has been taking place.

If you would like to express your technical opinion on the
site-local issue, I would suggest that you take it to the
IPv6 WG mailing list. I would be happy to continue a
technical discussion with you on that list.

We will be publishing the minutes to the IPv6 meeting soon
and checking all of the consensus points reached during our
meetings on the IPv6 list shortly.  Your input is definitely welcome.

Margaret