Re: BGP Black hole Community

2003-04-09 13:56:06
Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu wrote:

Correct. Those who didn't learn from AS7007 (yes, AS7007 screwed up - but how
many *other* AS believed it as gospel truth?) will shoot themselves in the foot
eventually, with or without this function.
Well, yes; but just because it's possible to shoot yourself in the foot doesn't mean you want to make it easy for other people to shoot you in the foot--which would be the effect of enabling this blackhole feature by default.

--
|John Stracke      |jstracke(_at_)centive(_dot_)com                     |