Re: spam

2003-05-26 12:47:06
 sending crap to see if the email address is valid is spam.  it is
 unwanted, unsolicited, consumes resources I pay for w/o my consent.
 the perp could care less what they send, as long as my local mail
 system indicates delivery is successful.  they then "harvest" the
 email address. if they do it twice and get an affirmative response
 that mail is/would be successfully delivered, ... double opt-in!!

 thats one thing -we- generally call spam.

% Harvesting addresses isn't an email message. Its spam-related activity,
% but it isn't spam.
%
%               --Dean
%