Re: spam

2003-05-26 16:08:15

on 5/26/2003 5:17 PM Dean Anderson wrote:

On Mon, 26 May 2003, Eric A. Hall wrote:

Perhaps you can provide an example of a law that acts as evidence in
favor of your opinion so we can see how this balances out.

Junk fax law, overturned as being unconstitutional restriction on
speech.

You keep bringing this up. Please cite. As I said in another message, the
only ruling I know of that would support this was overturned on appeal.

Anyway, I think commercial speech including spam _could_ be regulated,
but there so far is no justification for doing so.

There is plenty of justification for it. You are actually arguing that you
don't beleive there is sufficient justification for it, which is a matter
of opinion not proof. You should recognize that you are going to be
outvoted on this opinion.