Re: spam

2003-05-27 20:53:34
Hahahha. So do I. And it isn't free, and landfills are ruining the planet.
But it hasn't stopped the post office.

The radicals just don't get what they are up against.  Every letter you
send actually subsidizes the cost of a junk mailer, who gets a discount to
send junk mail.  All you get is the ability to be put on a "do not send"
list maintained by the post office.  But you don't get to not subsidize
junk postal mail.

Talk about the cost of trash... You actually pay for junk mail through
your stamps.  All these same issues were hashed out in the 70's.

The junk fax law is a aberration to the rest of the law on the subject.
And the FTC has ruled that a prior business relationship isn't
"unsolicited" for purposes of the junk fax law.

We are lucky that spammers don't get a discount and that we don't have to
pay more so that their services aren't so expensive. As junk mailers
proved, commerce trumps personal rights. Thats the price of consumerism.

                --Dean