Re: UPNP was:RE: myth of the great transition (was US Defense Department forma lly adopts IPv6)

2003-06-25 13:11:46
Keith Moore wrote:

] You could publish URLs without port numbers if you could count on the ] cliens recognizing SRV records.

use of SRV records for apps that aren't specified to use them is a
violation of both those apps' protocols and the SRV specification.
Agreed. But it's an option for people who need to build new apps to kludge around NATs.

--
|John Stracke      |jstracke(_at_)centive(_dot_)com                      |