Re: WG Review: Centralized Conferencing (xcon)

2003-08-21 10:59:58
keith,

SIP may have been initially motivated by telephony style applications but it is
a very general and extensible negotiation protocol - it was that aspect that
grabbed my attention when I first heard about Schulzrinne's work on it several
years ago. I think the point really is that SIP is extensible and may be a very
reasonable platform on which to build a wide range of peer to peer and
distributed application control.

vint