Re: Draft on 97.0.0.0. network

2003-09-04 21:45:27
% Hi,
% I have been given to understand that there was a working draft to bring
% 97.x/8 subnet in to the private IP address space similar to 10.x/8. Can
% you please clarify if this is true? Will 97.x be a subnet that comes
% under private internet address in the near future?
%
% Regards,
% Vinod

        I believe that the process to turn 97.0.0.0/8 into "private"
        space is not at all well defined. I would not expect to see
        any new private space be sactioned and ratified in the
        forseeable future.

--bill