Re: Verisign problems - redirection without RR's

2003-09-23 10:17:27
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, at 16:13 [=GMT+0200], Anthony Atkielski wrote:

Dan writes:

Proves ICANN is not interested in the integrity of the DNS to have
permitted
this.

ICANN is probably busy trying to find a way to copyright the root domain.
Everyone wants his slice of the unlimited possibilities for manufactured
wealth inherent in IP law.

ICANN could ask Dept of Commerce for an * in the root zone. It could
solve all ICANNs financial problems. Perhaps com/net was just a test
case to see what reactions would come? I don't really think so, given
the way ICANN reacted. I think ICANN wasn't even consulted. Not that
that gives much hope for the future of the DNS.

--
[07] Just do nothing to remain with us.
http://logoff.org