Re: Please restrict your posting volume

2003-09-24 17:31:46
Goodwins law has been invoked, so seems all points have been made, that
can be made. I have received a number of off-list encouragment messages,
but no off-list hate mail.  Unlike many IETF discussions, this one was
rather civil.

I wonder if the complaints you mention are simply meant to suppress the
reasonably articulate opposition I bring against your position in the IETF
commentary.  Given your IETF commentary letter and its lack of factual
statements and genuine harms, it seems likely to be the latter. However,
email lists aren't the only way to counter such irrational positions.  As
I've said many times previously, FUD doesn't stand the test of time.

I think perhaps like at NASA, it is time to end the practice of political
pandering to persons who are beyond the technical usefulness.  Like the
NASA Safey Council, it seems time for the current IAB members to resign,
and time to find some competent engineers to take over, who can make
engineering decisions based on facts rather than hyperbole.  It is indeed
horrifying to think that the technical engineering decisions about the
future of the internet is being guided by the same people who wrote the
IETF commentary.  I expect this document will continue to haunt the IAB
for some time after we've gotten used to Verisign's and the 20 some other
TLD's wildcard DNS records.

                --Dean