Re: Appeal to the IAB on the site-local issue

2003-10-10 14:18:21
Stephen Sprunk wrote:
Or we all just got sick of the bickering and accepted defeat (unlike Tony).

For the record, I can't support deprecating site locals until we have
something else approved to replace them -- at which point I say good
riddance.  There are several drafts in the WG to that end which haven't
gained any momentum thus far.

And this is why the appeal is in my opinion untimely. The working group has not yet been given a chance to provide any documentation on that "What next?" question Tony asked. For the IESG or the IAB to interfere at this stage would be micromanagement.

But here we are. Tony has decided to push an appeal of a "vote", and not even one that generated a document. That the appeal has even gotten this far seems is a flaw in the process.

Had the IESG been able to disallow the appeal, simply on this basis, then perhaps the working group could actually provide documents about which we could argue over technical merit. As it stands, I predict yet another round of appeals once IETF last call closes, and the document is reviewed by the IESG.

Welcome to Court TV, IETF style.

Eliot