Re: FYI: BOF on Internationalized Email Addresses (IEA)

2003-10-30 06:54:49
On Thu October 30 2003 07:49, Spencer Dawkins wrote:

leaking between two non-Latin
enclaves is where the rubber meets the road,

Specifically, two enclaves with *different* non-Latin character sets.
(Probably what you meant, but....)

I've worked with too many smart people from Asia/Pacific and
from the Middle East to believe that we wouldn't have two
non-Latin enclaves who would be collaborating about fifteen
minutes after the second enclave starts up...

Exactly.  The developinging friendship between Israel and India, two
tech powerhouses using radically different non-Latin character sets,
should be quite interesting in many ways, including this.

For that matter, even within India, there are several (somewhere in the
teens, IIRC) languages widely used.  Can someone tell us, how many
different character sets these languages use?

--
Dave Aronson, Senior Software Engineer, Secure Software Inc.
Email me at: work (D0T) 2004 (@T) dja (D0T) mailme (D0T) org