Re: [58crew] RE: IETF58 - Network Status

2003-11-13 17:11:27
On Thursday 13 November 2003 14:46, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:
Yes, this looks to affect some models of cards and drivers more than other.
Unfortunately, I fell this time in the unlucky category. The same model of
card, driver, and OS that worked perfectly for many in many other similar
events, including the last three or four IETF meetings made my work
impossible this whole week with the wireless setting at this IETF network.
On this respect this was - for me - by far the worst IETF since I am using
wireless connectivity. Sorry guys.

The only thing thing you have to be sorry for is not coming to us sooner.  If
you had come to us sooner, we could have been able to solve some of your
problems or fix it all together.

We hope that by working together to solve these problems we can help you out.
I have heard many comments from many people that this has been a great
wireless IETF.  We identified several client problems, and we saw a larger
number of infected machines.  If the wireless did suffer (which I don't think
it did because of our volunteer team who worked VERY hard and configuring it)
it was due to problems simply beyond our control.

And as always, we are happy to take in more volunteers.  If there is something
you don't like, hop on board and solve the problems!

Cheers, and I hope to hear more from you, in realtime next time these issues
pop up.

--Brett

Dan