Re: howto WLAN, several subnets

2003-11-20 16:13:35
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Alexandru Petrescu wrote:

Joel Jaeggli wrote:
We've noticed that setting both the essid and the key helps a lot with
the automatic detection various procedures, such as end-user laptops
don't get automatically attached to essid's that happen to be advertised
 without keys by other end-users' laptops.

I expect you'll get a bounch of nodes in adhoc mode with the ietf5X ssid
and the ietf5x wep key as well...

If my node has mode "managed" it will never attach to laptop nodes
having same key same essid but mode ad-hoc.

(my linux node, I know not about windows drivers).

that's exactly what's happening though... we have very good ideas about
whose wireless implementations are doing the right thing. it's the ones
that aren't that are the problem.

Alex

Joel Jaeggli           Unix Consulting
joelja(_at_)darkwing(_dot_)uoregon(_dot_)edu