Re: howto WLAN, several subnets

2003-11-21 10:16:47
On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 05:29:15PM +0100, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
So instead of forcing key+essid on the clients, would setting the
AP's MAC address on the clients be a solution?

not really unless you want to want to be associated with one of 30
aps for the entire conference...

The problem I ran into was seeing a number of IBSSs, most of which
seemed to be using unallocated mac addresses.  Unfortunately I did
not keep any notes of what I acutally did see.

I wished I could have told my 4.8 FreeBSD system to only associate
with one of a list of APs.  I would have given it a list of all of
the real APs and told it to only choose one of those.  Wildcarding
might have also been useful - I would have done (say) two mac address
ranges the real APs were using & ignored the rest.
        --asp(_at_)partan(_dot_)com (Andrew Partan)