practical subnet sizes smaller than /26, /27, ...

2003-11-21 07:42:44
I'm looking for research / surveys on how enterprises and service providers really use subnetting within their networks. In particular, I'm interested in the size of subnets that people are regularly using and I'm interested in both public and private addressed networks (which I'm assuming, perhaps incorrectly, to be different). Note that I'm not looking for best practice or what's possible - I'm interested in what people actually do.

Any pointers appreciated. Please respond to me directly - if people are interested, I'll summarize any answers I get and repost to the list. Also, if you think there is a more appropriate place for this question, please let me know.

Thanks,
John

Network Appliance Inc.                 Tel: +1 347 613 2259
230 Park Avenue, Suite 834       Voicemail: +1 408 822 8606
New York, NY 10169
USA