Re: just a brief note about anycast

2003-12-08 20:21:22
Hi -

From: "Dean Anderson" <dean(_at_)av8(_dot_)com>
To: "Randy Presuhn" <randy_presuhn(_at_)mindspring(_dot_)com>
Cc: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 4:50 PM
Subject: Re: just a brief note about anycast
Well, they think we are the chauvenists of unilateralism.  If we had
played more fairly and honestly, they might not be so suspicious of our

How has the IETF been playing unfairly or dishonestly?
Or is the argument that ICANN has been unfair and dishonest?

motives.  And its not just about disconnection.  One can already
disconnect if one chooses. So I think the developing world views it as
about freedom from the undue control and influence of a unilateral power.

How would replacing ICANN (or the IETF) with the ITU
make things any less unilateral?  As I see it, all that it would
accomplish is that it would give governments and corporations
a more direct voice in matters, at the expense of individual
technical contributors.

Randy