Re: PKIs and trust

2003-12-14 14:38:21
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 12:09:37 PST, Paul Hoffman / IMC said:

All of that is describable, and many vendors have such products.
There are no standards (or none that are significantly followed) for
such assertions. So? Many different PKIs can handle such assertions,
once you codify them.

I'm having a very hard time as reading this as anything except "Sure, the
PKI's out there could do it, if we only understood it well enough to come
up with a consistent way that would work for everybody.  And since the PKI
could deal with it if we knew what we wanted it to deal with, it's not a
problem for actual production use of a PKI now".

"Disingenious" would be charitable here....