RE: Tag, You're It!

2003-12-17 16:17:43
I would offer that worrying about signed signatures when we don't have signed
mail is much more of a waste than 7 characters prepended to an unsigned Subject
line.

-----Original Message-----
From: John Stracke [mailto:jstracke(_at_)centive(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 9:56 AM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Tag, You're It!

Dave Aronson wrote:

Long story short, here's my proposal:

- Tag the stuff [ietf].

Modifying the Subject: line is a Bad Thing; it invalidates digital
signatures.  We're never going to get widespread use of
signed email as
long as we have pieces of mail infrastructure munging
messages to make
signatures useless.

--
|John Stracke      |jstracke(_at_)centive(_dot_)com                         |