Re: [Fwd: [isdf] need help from the ietf list...can someone post this for me? or allow me to post directly?]

2003-12-22 07:57:02
The only solution is to stop distributing this type of information via email.

Microsoft had a similar issue this autumn with a group sending emails as
"Microsoft Security Bulletin" and Microsoft sent the following note to all MCPs:

"STAY ALERT: MICROSOFT NEVER DISTRIBUTES SOFTWARE VIA E-MAIL

From time to time, malicious individuals circulate e-mail messages that
purport to be a Microsoft Security Bulletin or patch. These messages might
contain (or link to) an executable file that contains a virus. Visit TechNet
and learn to look for clues that e-mail messages are not bona fide security
bulletins or patches.

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=262639";

Frederic
MCP,  IT Project+, i-Net+, CIWA, A+