Your all complaining about NAT mostly

2004-01-13 06:56:08
I'm making a product from scratch shortly and think the tide has turned to
support IPv6 as much as possible. I haven't looked. Are Docsis Cable modems
2.0 IPv6 aware? How about MS operating systems?

If ISP's and cable ops didn't ration fixed IP's NAT wouldn't be so popular.
Its a way to evade an cost which is arguably illegitimate in the first
place. The operators caused this, and not it reduces there income. They did
it to make money; (and also were too busy to notice what they were doing).
Can be fixed in a number of ways.
-Dan K

Almost all via dual-stack.    Those who have done so have
found the extra cost minimal where the v6 capability is introduced as part of
a normal procurement cycle.   The UK academic backbone JANET is one example
in your context.  Remember it's not about migrating in most circumstances,
it's about parallel capability to enable v6 to operate now as the first phase
of a (very long) transition.   But some networks are emerging ipv6-only,
particularly in Asia.
Tim