Re: SMTP Minimum Retry Period - Proposal To Modify Mx

2004-01-13 09:24:18
On Tuesday, January 13, 2004, at 10:42 AM, Vernon Schryver wrote:

You might be ignorant instead of dishonest.

How very kind of you to consider two possibilities, thank you.

Are you calling me and those who point out that some blacklists
detect 70-90% of spam with false positive rates below 1% liers?

Calling someone a liar is simply not my style, nor did I use any words that were remotely close to doing so. If I could see anything in my words that could possibly be construed that way I would apologize for it. (And, by the way, I consider *any* false positives unacceptable if there's no suitable mechanism for detecting and correcting them.)

This discussion is going nowhere, so I'm going back to more serious work on comprehensive spam control. -- Nathaniel