Fwd: Re: Visa for IETF meeting

2004-01-13 19:49:25
Email below is from Mr. Sang Yoo, in the visa office of the
Korean consulate in Washington DC. It should put to rest the
question of visas for the upcoming IETF meeting in Seoul.

Gene Gaines
gene(_dot_)gaines(_at_)gainesgroup(_dot_)com

This is a forwarded message
From:  ¹Ì±¹ <consular_usa(_at_)mofat(_dot_)go(_dot_)kr>
To:    gene(_dot_)gaines(_at_)gainesgroup(_dot_)com
Date:  Tuesday, January 13, 2004, 4:55:40 PM
Subject: Visa for IETF meeting for MR. YOO
=================Original message text===============

Hi,

Mr.Yoo said that you don't need visas for the conference and can stay up to
30days in Korea.

But he pointed out one wrong thing in your email. That is the following.

You wrote;

  - This applies only to private U.S. citizens.  Government
    employees and citizens of other countries need to contact
    their local Korean embassy for a determination in their
    case. Ken, in your case, if you are a government employee,
    you will need a visa.

But the right information is that it applies to all U.S.citizens.

And even though when government employees go to Korean for official purpose,
then they need official visas. But when they go to Korea just for tour or
non-profit conference, they don't need visas.

If you have more questions, then please write us back.

Thank you.

------ [ ¿øº» žÞŒŒÁö ] ------

ºž³œ »ç¶÷ : "Gene Gaines"

³¯Â¥ : 2004-01-13 06:15:07

ÁŠžñ : Visa for IETF meeting for MR. YOO

Sang Yoo,

Thank you for speaking with me today.

I described what you told me in the email below, sent to the
email list used by the people that will be attending the
Internet engineering meeting in Seoul 29 February - 5 March 2004.

Gene Gaines
President
Gaines Group
Sterling, Virginia
gene(_dot_)gaines(_at_)gainesgroup(_dot_)com
703-433-2081

COPY OF MESSAGE SENT BELOW