Re: The IETF Mission

2004-01-18 22:32:23
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 04:13:48 GMT, Paul Vixie <vixie(_at_)vix(_dot_)com>  said:

independent (non-series) document, then havn't we achieved gutenberg's goal,
doesn't everybody have their own printing press, and can't we either choose
an existing refereed forum for non-standards work, or just self-publish it?

Having your idea published isn't equivalent to having your idea heard.

At least for well-known refereed forums, one can make the guess that "maybe
an ACM or IEEE or whatever has relevant publications".  Self-publication is
dependent on getting a good Google ranking (more or less).