RE: dubious assumptions about IPv6 (was death of the Internet)

2004-01-19 21:30:34
Mark Smith wrote:
Does SIP with STUN use similar techniques to Skype
to get around two NATted VoIP peers ?

I have to confess that I have not read STUN in much detail, but I
understand that one of the "novelties" is that the STUN server replies
to the originating SIP client what its public address is, enabling the
SIP client to embed the valid public address in the packet instead of
the only one it knows which is RFC1918. Combine with what I just
posted...

I encourage my competitors to keep wasting their energy whining about
how NAT breaks their apps: as long as I have an ample supply of
16-years-old that can code how to traverse it I don't have a problem
with it.

Michel.