Re: IETF registration and privacy ...

2004-01-26 14:05:03

--On 21. januar 2004 01:32 +0100 JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es> wrote:

Hi,

Despite that it has been commented in this list some time ago, I still
see that the list of attendees is open, and there is no option, when
registering to indicate if you want to be there or not ?

I don't really mind myself, but we should have this option, at least this
is my understanding from data protection laws all around the world.

There's a reverse consideration here - the availability of the public record of who attended meetings is an important part of the openness of the standards process.

Would *you* believe that a standard had been arrived at through a fair and open process in an indiviual-participation process where you're told that you can't see who the participants were?

We did remove the email addresses from the list....

                    Harald