Re: IETF registration and privacy ...

2004-01-26 17:02:12
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 14:47:38 PST, Bob Hinden said:
I agree and think that there should continue to be a public record of who
attended IETF meetings.  It is an important part of our open standards
process.

It might be a good thing to disclose this to people when they register for
the IETF meetings (if it isn't done already).

Indeed.  I'd be surprised if failing to do so doesn't fall astray of some EU
privacy
laws - I've seen tell of the EU laws even being an issue for public mailing
lists...