Re: We going? - 5th International Free Software Forum

2004-02-10 22:11:26
In message
<14534(_dot_)1076433147(_at_)marajade(_dot_)sandelman(_dot_)ottawa(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca>,
 Michael Richards
on writes:

"Paul" == Paul Robinson <paul(_at_)iconoplex(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:
   Paul> The call for papers for the relatively famous Free Software Forum
   Paul> is up:

   Paul> http://papers.softwarelivre.org/index.en.html

   Paul> I was wondering if anybody from the IETF was planning to give a
   Paul> talk? If not, I was going to propose a couple of sessions myself
   Paul> (in a non-official, participatory way of course - I don't propose
   Paul> speaking FOR the IETF so to speak):

 It would be good if someone reviewed how the IETF worked at the conference.
A lot of software developers would benefit from understanding more.

I gave a talk like that at Usenix a few years ago -- feel free to point
folks at the talks/ietf-usenix/ietf-usenix.htm file on my Web page.

Note, of course, that many -- most? -- free software advocates do not
like the IETF's policies on patents in its protocols.  But that's a
separate can of worms; let's *not* debate that again now...