Re: Someone's not getting their email.....

2004-02-18 14:38:57
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:43:15 -0800 Harald Tveit Alvestrand
<harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no> wrote:

I got the following stuff in response to a mail I sent to the IETF list.

Since I have no idea whether this is an email harvester or a "legitimate"
antispam tool (the form gave no indication, and no links to more
information about its owner), I don't have enough information to decide
reliably to respond to the message.

i have run internet mailing lists since about 1985. when the first C/R
systems showed up a few years ago, i arrived at simple conclusion
very quickly.

anybody who installs a C/R system and doesn't whitelist the mailing lists
they subscribe to doesn't deserve to receive those mailing lists.
i remove from my lists anyone who does this. nobody has complained
yet.

i'd strongly urge that the IETF adapt a similar policy. it's much less
stressful for all concerned.

richard
--
Richard Welty