Re: Community Collaboration, versus Central Management

2004-03-04 00:49:39
Harald,

HTA> Dave,

HTA> could you please quote people by name?

This will probably devolve into a yes-you-did, no-i-didn't exchange,
thereby nicely distracting us all from the focus of my posting.

However, just so no one thinks that I constructed these:

     However things have changed. That change was nicely summarized a
     couple of years ago by someone who is now an area director. He
     said that, really, working groups work for the area director. The
     IESG really makes the standards.

This was said by Jon Peterson, in the IMPP working group, before he
became an area director.

     If someone says they do not trust you because they usually disagree
     with you, then they are missing this essential point.  And, indeed,
     that appears to be a pervasive problem in the IETF today.

In a public mail thread concerning trust, you said that you do not
trust me because you disagree with me so often.

My mentioning these will probably be taken as a personal response, but
I made a point of not doing the citations in my original postings,
hoping to avoid this concern.

Did you have any comments about the constructive points in my posting,
rather than the points being offered as background?

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>