Re: Community Collaboration, versus Central Management

2004-03-04 01:44:23
Dave,

I'm trying to give a constructive response near the end - and it turns out that a lot of the things you wish for match up with the things I have tried to start us executing..... those who wish to skip the name game can search for #POSITIVE....

--On 4. mars 2004 16:39 +0900 Dave Crocker <dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:

Harald,

HTA> Dave,

HTA> could you please quote people by name?

This will probably devolve into a yes-you-did, no-i-didn't exchange,
thereby nicely distracting us all from the focus of my posting.

However, just so no one thinks that I constructed these:

     However things have changed. That change was nicely summarized a
     couple of years ago by someone who is now an area director. He
     said that, really, working groups work for the area director. The
     IESG really makes the standards.

This was said by Jon Peterson, in the IMPP working group, before he
became an area director.

Thanks!

Frankly, I was so shocked by the statement that I wanted to go talk to the relevant AD and figure out where his head was at - asking the question of each of them in turn didn't seem optimal.

     If someone says they do not trust you because they usually disagree
     with you, then they are missing this essential point.  And, indeed,
     that appears to be a pervasive problem in the IETF today.

In a public mail thread concerning trust, you said that you do not
trust me because you disagree with me so often.

Thanks for pointing this out, and giving me the chance of quoting what I said at the time.....

According to <http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/problem-statement/2003-June/002445.html