UA 893 compensation

2004-03-05 10:23:02
Thius is a note for all of the folks who flew on UA 893 on Friday, 2/27, with the unexpected 24 hour delay via Seattle.

I just got off the phone with UA Customer Service (not Mileage Plus). They offered a 5K mile "good will" compensation for our inconvenience. These miles will not count toward Premiere Qualification. You could also request some 500 mile domestic upgrades as an alternative. They were firm in refusing to offer qualifying miles, because they insist that such miles can be offered only as a result of paid travel, and we already received miles consistent with out paid travel.

Steve