Re: Principles of Spam-abatement

2004-03-12 12:18:43
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Nathaniel Borenstein wrote:
I'm not talking about any party to the real end-to-end email
transaction.  I'm talking about intermediaries.  I have no problem at
all with user-controlled filters that do whatever they want.  It's when
an ISP starts doing these things on behalf of a user who doesn't
understand or want them that the problems arise.

Your remedy should be truth-in-advertising enforcement, as Vernon said.
Entities that filter in the way that you don't like are not providing
real Internet access, and should not pretend to.

--apb (Alan Barrett)